BOG Finance and Administration Rule 5.4 - Campus Facilities Plan
PURPOSE & SCOPE.
- This rule establishes the guidelines for development of the University’s Facilities Plan and approval of the Facilities Plan by the Board of Governors.
- The Facilities Plan shall align with institutional goals as articulated in the University’s Master Plan.
- The Facilities Plan shall address plans for development of each campus and properties of the University.
- The Facilities Plan shall address the following:
- The University’s development strategy;
- An assessment of the general condition and suitability of buildings and facilities;
- An assessment of the impact of projected enrollment and demographic changes on the building and facility needs;
- A comprehensive list of major deferred maintenance projects, individually exceeding $75,000 in cost, that need to be addressed for each campus by building or facility including an estimated cost;
- An analysis as to all buildings and facilities as to the need for renovations, additions, and demolition;
- A list of major site improvements such as vehicular and pedestrian circulation, parking, and landscaping;
- An analysis of telecommunications, utilities, and other infrastructure improvements that are needed;
- A delineation of clear property acquisition boundaries that are reasonably appropriate for campus expansion;
- A list of proposed new facilities and building sites;
- A list of capital projects in priority order;
- Estimates of the timing, phasing, and projected costs associated with each project; and
- A statement of the impact of the local community and the input afforded local and regional government entities and the public with respect to its implementation.
- The Facilities Plan shall incorporate all current and proposed facilities contemplated at the time of issuance of the Facilities Plan including educational, general, and auxiliary facilities.
- The University shall consider applicable laws when preparing the Facilities Plan.
APPROVAL OF THE FACILITIES PLAN AND UPDATES TO THE FACILITIES PLAN.
- The Board of Governors shall approve a Facilities Plan every ten years.
- The Board of Governors shall approve an update to the Facilities Plan at least once during each ten-year period.
- “Facilities Plan” means the aspirational campus development plan adopted by the Board pursuant to W. Va. Code § 18B-19-4.
- “Master Plan” shall have the meaning as set forth in BOG Governance Rule 1.2.
- “Major Site Improvement” means an improvement located outside of a facility including roadways, parking, landscaping and pedestrian pathways with a total cost greater than or equal to $1,000,000.
- “General Condition and Suitability of Buildings and Facilities” means the condition of a facility in terms of age, design, construction methods and materials; and suitability for university purposes.
- The Board of Governors delegates to the President the authority to adopt additional facilities plan internal policies and procedures to effectuate the implementation of this Board of Governors Rule or in furtherance of any other authority that the Board of Governors has specifically delegated to the President pursuant to this Rule. Any actions taken pursuant to this delegation must be consistent with the guidelines provided by this Rule.
- W. Va. Code §18B-2A-4, and §18B-19-4.
- This Rule supersedes and replaces any Rule of the Higher Education Policy Commission which relates to the subject matter contained within this Rule.
Effective Date: October 15, 2018
- Final - PDF